Real Time eXecutives, Inc.
Variables Add-in for RTXHDB
Variables Add-in for RTXHDB is
an Add-in for Microsoft Excel that is included with the Report
Builder for RTXHDB. It is a powerful but easy-to-use
package for building Microsoft Excel workbooks for data analysis
and report building. It allows, by tag name, direct access to all
real time and historical values in the historical databases. By
the use of on-line updating and scrolling it automatically
refreshes all tag values from all historical databases.
Variables Add-in for RTXHDB has a Static Data
dialog, which pastes historical data directly into the Worksheet
cells as text and values. Its powerful set of
functions can be used to get information, from any accessible
RTXHDB database or variable within any of the databases.
- Simplifies the process of creating new
Microsoft Excel workbooks, for dynamic data analysis and
report building, by using the familiar Excel interface.
- Permits selection of multiple variables
(tags) from a list and performs the same paste operation
on all variables selected.
- Easy, intuitive, point and click operation
with full contextual sensitive Help functions
- Provides high performance read capability,
thousands of reads per second, making it practical to use
Excel to access historical databases.
- Uses very little of the system resources
and requires no time consuming macro development. Reading
values have been reduced to one, simple to use, Excel
- Permits access to all historical RTXHDB
databases and variables both as text and values for
report building and live update functions.
- Provides twenty-two (22) live update
functions to allow access to most database and variable
parameters. These behave as regular Excel functions for
data manipulation within an Excel workbook. Also, you can
mix the functions with other cells that contain the
normally provided Excel functions.
- Allows scrolling through time of all tag
values in the RTXHDB historical databases.
- Filtering of variables by name,
description or database subsets, allowing a reduction in
the number of variables to be scrolled.
- Windows 98 / Me / NT 4.0 / 2000 / XP Pro
- Microsoft Excel 97 (Version 8.0) or Microsoft
Excel 2000 (Version 9.0)
- Windows 2000 / XP Pro
- Microsoft Excel 2000 (Version 9.0)